Pages

Sunday 10 June 2012

More Updates...

Ok, so since my last post I have been working really hard on this project. (I haven't even had time to post on here so there is a lot of news!) Firstly my interviews are done! I shot all 4 interviews on the same day. (This took a really long time but I was glad to get it all done). I shot them all in front of green screen which I think worked really well. I did 2 double interviews and 2 singles. I think the doubles worked really well as the interviewees were able to bounce off each other which added a bit of comedy. The singles were also really successful. Although I originally planned to do 10 interviews, I feel that 4 is plenty. 10 would be too much to edit down. Also, having a smaller number allows the audience to relate to the people more as they get more screen time.

Next - I have actually finished editing! This literally took weeks.Overall I did about 6 full days of non stop editing so it's been a long process. First I editing down the presenter scenes and put them in order. I noticed that these looked a bit pink on screen (probably a reflection of the red walls) so I edited the colour to make it look more natural. Next, I edited down my interviews. This was the most difficult part because there were so many bits I wanted to keep but I knew I only had a 30 minute show to fill so I had to cut out quite a lot. I am pleased with the parts I chose though. I narrowed it down and selected the best parts. Once all this was in place, I had to put in the green screen backgrounds (pictures to come). As I had never done this before, it was quite a task, although I think the results are great! Every interview had a different background which reflected my 90s toy theme.

Next I recorded my presenter's voice over. This was to go over the found footage. This only took about 10 minutes to do and I think it's really effective. After this was edited and put in place, I needed the found footage. I had to source these from youtube so the quality is not great. I don't think this is a problem though because it is footage from the 90s so it is bound to look a little old. I also sourced my music from youtube. I chose theme tunes to accompany the interviews. For example, when talking about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the television theme tune would be playing in the background. I think this worked quite well.

Next I needed graphics. I had help from two of my tutors with this. We sat together and came up with ideas that we thought would work well and created it on photoshop. We chose a chalk board name graphic with a small red logo. I think this turned out really well. This graphic comes up through out the show to introduce the interviewee's.

Finally, I went through and made small tweeks here and there and made rolling credits for the end of the show.

Overall - really pleased with my show!     

No comments:

Post a Comment